Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Experience:  15 yrs in practice, specialist canine/feline medicine
20970409

She seems a bit sleepy and lethargic, but is eating ok.She

Customer Question

She seems a bit sleepy and lethargic, but is eating ok.She just does not seem herself.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the cat. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: She is called Hurley, and she is nearly ten.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Hurley?
Customer: She is rather overweight, having until recently been an indoor cat.She has begun to slim down since we moved to a house with a large garden
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr L Simmon replied 12 days ago.
Hi there, you are through to Dr Linda. Just a few minutes as I type my response
How long have you noticed the lethargy for? Is she still capable of walking/running and carrying out her normal daily routine?
Any other symptoms such as increased thirst, altered appetite, coughing, vomiting, diarrhoea etc?
Has she been checked by a vet in the last year and is she up to date with vaccines and parasite prevention?
Any chance she has had access to something she shouldn't eg weedkiller, rat bait or lead paint?