Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats and am happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

We have rescued a cat three days ago and she won't eat and

We have rescued a cat three days ago and she won't eat and is very nervous and hiding. We are worried about her but don't want to push her too much into coming out as we want her to settle
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?
Customer: We have no history on the cat, just since we rehomed her

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

This is a very common situation but they do calm as they settle in. Though to help her, make sure you are leaving food/water and a litter box close to where she is hiding (eg under the bed with her if that were she is). Often they will attend to these things at night when we are sleeping and they feel safer. Just as its been a few days, so there is a slight chance of constipation, you could sneak some cat hairball paste into her food to just help keep that regular. Otherwise, besides time and easy access to necessities, we can find it useful to use a cat calming treatment (eg Feliway/Comfort Zone, Kalmaid, Zylkene, etc) as these can just reduced anxiety enough to get them more settled as they adjust to their new life.

Kind regards,

Dr. B

**************************
Afterwards, as I am giving you my own free time, please take a moment & rate me with the **STARS** (or leave a written rating of 1-5; 5 being great). Otherwise the site won't credit me for helping you. There is no extra charge for this & rating me now does not close your question. We can continue until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you! : ) **