Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

Can blood test for lymphoma be inclusive if a cat has been

Can blood test for lymphoma be inclusive if a cat has been given steroids?

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you as soon as possible

Could you give me a little more detail on the situation with your cat? There is no specific blood test for lymphoma, however certain changes on the blood test can be suggestive of this disease

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
She’s not been well we took her to neurologist. They did many tests these were the feedback .

OK, so at the moment it seems that the working diagnosis is encephalitis (inflammation of the brain). The cause is not yet know but tests for toxoplasma and neospora (which are both possible causes of encephalitis) are pending. There is nothing in the results you have given me to be suggestive of lymphoma at this time.

I hope that answers your question? Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with and all the best for your cats recovery.

Chris

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
We are seeing the neurologist tomorrow and going to ask for the rest of the results. Can call u then ?
Do U have a contact number?
Or will u be here?

We can arrange a phonecall if you wish, I would suggest waiting until you have spoken to them again - I can then discuss any further information with you either on here or over the phone if you wish. However as an expert it their field, the neurologist will likely be able to give you a far more in depth explanation of your cats condition.

Do let me know how you get on regardless though, OK?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Ok thanks . Will be in touch

OK I will look out for your message tomorrow and reply as soon as possible

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi here are the results.
What time is good to voice call?
Where shall I call u ? I can pay on pay pall before I call u too..

You will need to accept the phone call via the Just Answer system, I can then contact you a little later? Let me know when is a good time

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
07877260529 Gina
I’m free now or later

I will try now

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi, hope u are well. just to say thank you for your advice.After a lot of thought and research. We decided to see the oncologist with the results we already had . Today she started her first treatment and will continue to be monitored:)..
Gina x

Hi Gina, glad to hear that you were able to see the oncologist. Wishing you all the best with her treatment