DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian
Experience:  20+ yrs Experience. Int. Med, Emerg, Ultrasound, General Practice
20798050

Evening, yesterday our cat, of 10 years, decided to eat some

Evening, yesterday our cat, of 10 years, decided to eat some playdoh, that was left out after the kids had stayed for their holidays. He has been unable to keep anything down, but when he has eaten & he IS hungry, he takes it up within 2 hours max. he is drinking & urinating as normal though
JA: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the cat will be able to digest that. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Jasper
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Jasper?
Customer: He has been prone to minor ceasure/paralasys of the back legs for a few minutes at a time. This is rare though
Dr. Brazzell here. No risk of toxicity. Let's manage for the upset stomach and possible blockage okay?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
And how would you advise dealing with the stomach/possible blockage?
let's give 1/2 pepcid a.c. twice daily. no food till tonight. then meat based baby food. no salt chicken broth to drink. update me tonight and I will revise plan.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
sorry. i dont understand what 1/2 pepcid a.c is?
pepcid AC. 10.mg. give 1/2 tablet twice daily
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
yes,what is it though?
it is an antacid and it works very well in cats to settle stomach.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
ok, will have a look for that. you mentioned no chicken. Any food we have is not seasoned, so would plain chicken, in very very small ammounts be acceptable?>
that would be fine. just the baby food is really easy on stomach. will look for update tonight. you can rate me now. I will leave link open.