Edele Grey
Edele Grey, Veterinarian
Experience:  BSc, MVB
108243009

My two cats were spayed 2 days ago, ever since they keep

Customer Question

My two cats were spayed 2 days ago , ever since they keep snarling and growling at each other which they have never done before. Do you think it is just due to them being tired / sore? Or can spaying a cat effect their behaviour this way?Thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Edele Grey replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your patience. You’re through to Dr. Edel, a UK vet. Sorry to hear your cats are having some trouble getting along. As this behavior has just started following their surgeries it is most likely related to the stress, tiredness and pain associated with the procedures and trip to the vets. The best thing to do is to keep them relatively separate for a few days to let them both convalesce in peace. Feed them in separate rooms, have an extra water bowl and litter trays for them aswell. You can also try Feliway or Pet Remedy diffusers or spray to help calm their nerves. This should pass after a few days and they should return to their normal happy selves.