Dr L Simmon
Dr L Simmon, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian MVB MRCVS
103237793

My kitten got vaccines and spayed she ate for the first

My kitten got vaccines and spayed she ate for the first three days but now is not eating
should I take her to the vet?
Hi there,you are through to Dr Linda.
How long has she not been eating for?
Any other symptoms such as vomiting , lethargy or ooze coming from the wound?
Are her gums pink and wet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, She hasn’t eating since Wednesday night she did drink some water today
After she had the pain medicine the vet prescribed she didn’t want to eat. She also vomited once after receiving the medicine but it was mainly spit and medicine...she is still playful though
she has not had any food at all for 3 1/2 days now? That is a big concern as she will likely have low blood sugar. While its reassuring she is playful, not eating for so long is not expected after her surgery.
She may be in discomfort which is affecting her appetite or perhaps feels a little nauseous.
If you offer warm chicken and rice would she take that? If not, I would be keen to have her assessed in case she needs e.g. additional pain releif or an anti nausea injection.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try that if not I will take her to the vet thank you
Not at all and please do feel free to keep me updated and to ask any further questions you may have.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks so much