Laura Henderson
Laura Henderson,
Experience:  Veterinarian at Robb Veterinary Clinic
63061945

Could you determine the gender of my kitten please. We think

Could you determine the gender of my kitten please. We think it's a boy but we are not sure. I've attached a picture of the genital areas. We would have him checked by a vet in person but as a result of covid we haven't been able to. Thank you

Good evening, I'm Laura, one of the UK vets.

I'd say Chase is female. In a male you can usually see his 'bits'. Once they hit 10-12 weeks you should see the scrotum start to fill out a bit and look like small pompoms.

It's difficult to tell from a photo.

I initially thought that the entire lower part was one part, but is the a small division where I have labelled it?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry for the delayed reply but yes there is which seems unlikely for a girl?

Yes, you are right, if there is a division there that is likely between the scrotum and the prepuce.