Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

My cat is 1 year and has had a litter bless her she jumped

Customer Question

My cat is 1 year and has had a litter bless her she jumped out of the window so I am desperate to get her spade all the kittens have gone and she has no milk I am on benefits and would like her done as soon as possible as she is making awful noises and keeping my baby awake as she is very loud don’t know what to do x
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with your kitten?
Customer: Nothing wrong I think she is in season
JA: Where does your kitten seem to hurt?
Customer: In her tummy
JA: OK. What is the kitten's name?
Customer: Penny
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Penny?
Customer: No I don’t think so
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 5 days ago.

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. You're through to Dr Chris, a Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you shortly.

Expert:  Dr Chris replied 5 days ago.

Yes indeed getting her spayed is a very sensible thing to do. We tend to spay cat with kittens once they are weaned (about 5 weeks of age), but can do it earlier in extreme situations. It sounds like if her kittens have been homed now, it is best to get in and get her spayed ASAP before she gets pregnant again.

Have you contacted your local Cats protection league? Then often can provide a neutering voucher to those on low income to help with the cost of neutering, see https://www.cats.org.uk/what-we-do/neutering/financial-assistance

I hope that answers your question? Please let me know if you need any further help or advice. Thank you for using Just Answer. Best wishes.