Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience treating cats in my practice.
16881297

My cat has this stuff coming out of his mouth with really

Customer Question

My cat has this stuff coming out of his mouth with really smells and not able to close his mouth properly. Notice is wee , & stools have been smelling really. Can explain whats going with had this a few months now & getting worse
JA: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know how to help your cat. What is your cat's name and age?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** hes 8 years old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sully?
Customer: Hes been sleepy alot too
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 5 days ago.

Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
please if that is ok , need to know if its infection in his mouth , his teeth or for most worse like mouth cancer as it very swollen

Good morning and welcome to justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta , a licensed veterinarian with 30 years of experience and would like to help. I am sorry but I cannot make phone calls but will be happy to text and help with your situation.

I am sorry that Sully is not feeling well. Most likely this material coming from his mouth is due to an abscessEd tooth or infection of the gums or a mass inside his mouth that is infected. It is hard to know without actually seeing Sully. Check inside his mouth if you can and tell me what you see. If he will not let you, the only thing you can do is to have your vet examine Sully to know what will be best and how to treat this. Ingestion of this infected material, whether it is com8ng from an abscess or a mass that is infected , will cause his stool to be different and odiferous.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know how Sully is doing and if I can answer any other questions. Thanks!!

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
No thank you
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
He will not let me look into his mouth but it is on his right side of his mouth upper where is cheek swelling out

Since this is only on one side and the cheek is swollen, most likely this is an abscessed tooth. This involves the roots of the tooth and Sully will require veterinary intervention to remove this tooth and start him on antibiotics. For now, apply warm compresses to this swollen area every 8 hrs to help draw this infection to the outside. Even if it does open up outside of his mouth, this tooth will have to be removed to stop this process.
Good luck to you and sweet Sully, hero on the Hudson❤️