Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

Please see below Simba’s Discharge following X-rays

Please see below Simba’s Discharge following X-raysProcedures:Examination and x-rays under sedation.Findings:Deep crack in the main foot pad of the right fore paw. No bony injuries on x-rays. No foreign material was found in the pad wound. The wound should gradually heal and become more comfortable.Discharge instructions:Room rest for the next week to allow the pad to heal fully.Treatments:Meloxidyl oral: give 0.48ml once daily with food, continue this evening. Use as needed.Dietary Advice:Feed normal dietI visited vet hospital 09.09.2020 With my cat as he has very big pain on his right leg and is limping almost 2 weeks the reason why as you can see on the rapport and is correct he has Deep crack in the main foot pad of the right fore paw. It’s meant to heal in about 7 days having cat at home and let him rest and using painkiller meloxidyl and everything I did to let him rest and unfortunately this way didn’t help at all as his foot pad still has crack and seams to me nothing really changed since my last visit in vet hospital. I spend a lot of money hoping that He is in right hands and everything what will be done will resolve this issue immediately. But unfortunately not please help me what can I do please please....
Thank you really appreciate it
TomasZ
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hopefully there could be any solution how to help my cat as soon as possible. �� I also attached the invoice to provide as much as possible information to make you fully understand the situation.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I also feel like to put my cat to vet again is not really solution as he feels the same bad like on my last visit and nothing really changed.

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. You're through to Dr Chris, a Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you shortly.

Sorry to hear of this situation with your cat. Thanks for the information. Could you send a picture of the injured footpad? Unfortunately pad injuries can be very slow to heal depending on the nature of the injury. If te lesion is not infected then time, rest and pain relief may well be the best way forward. Sometimes surgical devridement may be needed. If it is infected then antibiotics may also be required.

If the lesion is not healing as expected then testing doe concurrent conditions which may inhibit healing such as FIV or FeLV viruses may also be a consideration.

I hope that answers your question? Please let me know if you need any further help or advice. I would be haply to look at at photo of the pad as well if you can get one. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
File attached (257ZLQ3)
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
It is like a letter L little bit turned to the left
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Or more like V

Thanks for the picture, but I'm afraid it is so blurred I cannot see anything. If you could send a clearer one?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
File attached (315ZS6P)
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
File attached (56QZLZV)

OK thanks for that. It looks like the lesion seems to be healing (although hard to be sure as I didn't see it initially). I think rest, pain relief and potentially antibiotics is the appropriate course of action here. Best wishes.