Dr. Andy
Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  Veterinarian, UC Davis graduate, emphasis in Dermatology, Internal Medicine, and Pain Control
14008320

My friend touch my kitten when her hands moustrized with

Hello, my friend touch my kitten when her hands moustrized with baby oil, and I realised that there is an oily area on my kittens neck and back, it is not too much, but looks oily, i tried to wipe it with clean water, but it did not help much. I would like to check if it cause any problem if he licks that area, if so how should I clean it from his fur?
Many thanks in advance!

My name is***** I am a 2003 UC Davis graduate. I am reviewing your question.

The amount of oil on your kitty is not a concern. If you really need to get the oil off, you can use "Dawn dish soap" for a mini bath. That is fine to use, and commonly used as a quick way to get fleas off a kitten.

Otherwise, I am not concerned about that amount of oil on the skin.

I hope that information is helpful. Please continue to ask questions if I have not fully responded to your request. My goal is to provide the most information that I can without the ability to do my own examination and testing.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thank you very much!
I do not want to stress him out by bathing him if it is okay to leave that amount of oil.

Understood. If Alfie is "annoyed" by it or really trying to lick it off, than the bath would be worth pursuing. On the chance you see any type of skin irritation caused by the oil, I would also do the bathe as a precaution.

Dr. Andy

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thank you very much, he is not licking it actually, but I will keep an eye on him.

Very welcome.

Dr. Andy