Doctor 4 Cats
Doctor 4 Cats, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Board certified feline specialist. 30 years specializing in the medical needs of cats.
31434078

She suckered me into giving her a little too much poached

Customer Question

She suckered me into giving her a little too much poached chicken thigh. She's vomiting allot.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the cat eat anything unusual?
Customer: Not really. I think it's too much richness since it's chicken thigh though.
JA: OK. The Expert will know what to do. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Lillie Luna age 9
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Lillie?
Customer: we recently switched to petscription food, The Hills R/D diet food. And was finishing antibiotics for a sinus infection.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Doctor 4 Cats replied 13 days ago.

This is Dr. Cynthia. Thank you for contacting us. I will try to help with your concerns on here. The system will automatically offer an option for a phone call. Just ignore the offer or decline. I cannot do phone calls. If you would like to continue with this chat please let me know when you are ready. If I do not hear back from you right away, I will answer your question with the information provided then check back periodically to follow up.

Thank you for the information that you have provided. Please give me just a minute to review what you have provided already. I may have more questions. I will be answering multiple customers so please be patient between replies.

Any of the changes that you describe could have started the vomiting. The chicken, the antibiotics, or the change to the R/D. Since the antibiotic has been completed I would give Lillie 24-48 hours for the GI upset to resolve. If the vomiting persists she needs to see her veterinarian for treatment and evaluation.

Hope this helps, we try to answer your questions and concerns as best we can on this site without the benefit of a proper physical examination. Please appreciate that it is always advisable to seek local veterinary care if possible. Let me know if there is anything further I can help you with. Thanks so much, and kind regards!