Dr. Kara
Dr. Kara, Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience as a veterinarian.
49838867

Need to give my cats flea medicine (advocate) but I'm

Need to give my cats flea medicine (advocate) but I'm currently giving them probtiotics the ingrINGREDIENTS
L-Glutamine, N-Acetyl Glucosamine, Slippery Elm Bark, Deglycyrrhizinated Licorice, Marshmallow Root, Multi strain Probiotic Strain, Larch Arabinogalactan, Natural Beef Liver FlavourWill there be an adverse reaction?

Hello, my name is***** and I have over 20 years of experience as a veterinarian. I understand that you are concerned about the concurrent use of the flea preventative Advocate along with a probiotic containing:  L-Glutamine, N-Acetyl Glucosamine, Slippery Elm Bark, Deglycyrrhizinated Licorice, Marshmallow Root, Multi strain Probiotic Strain, Larch Arabinogalactan, Natural Beef Liver Flavour

I am typing a response now. If you cannot see it here in several minutes please check your email, including spam/junk folders, for an email with a link to my response.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Addvocate is a topical product containing Moxidection and Imidacloprid  and is used for heartworm prevention, control and treatment of mange and ear mites, hookworms, roundworms, lungworms and fleas.

I cannot find any contraindications for the concurrent use of your probiotic.

You may see loose stools with that probiotic though as it does contain licorice and marshmallow root.

But no worries using the two concurrently.

It has been my pleasure to help you today. You are welcome to ask follow up questions about my response here, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ahh thank you, ***** ***** treat loose stools i will stop it

Glad to help!

I'd go with a pure probiotic like ForteFlora or Proviable.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I heard FortiFlora, not too good as it only contains one strand of probiotic,

Fortifora contains the bacteria most beneficial to cats, and the one most likely to be deficient in cats with diarrhea (Enterococcus Faecium). If you want one with multiple fecal bacteria cfu's then Proviable may be better. But most cats do not have, and won't benefit from Lactobacillus organisms, Those are beneficial for omnivores, like people and dogs.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
lovely I have some spare

Great!