Dr L Simmon
Dr L Simmon, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian MVB MRCVS
103237793

Has a history of blocked eye duct, eye looks a bit red,

Has a history of blocked eye duct , eye looks a bit red , third eye is partially showing too occasionally
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: April 18 months
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No nothing else
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Anyone there??
Hello, you are through to Dr Linda, a UK based vet.I'm sorry to hear this.What breed is April?What tests and treatment has she had so far?Could you send a clear photo of her eyes?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
She is short hair
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
File attached (1M3PG1M)
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
We have only had her for about 3 weeks as we adopted her , she was a stray and this was one of the things she had , the vet treated it and was given the all clear , she’s been flead wormed and spayed
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
HD both of her initial jabs

Thank you for this information.

What was the treatment?

Has she been tested for some of the more common infections that can cause these signs such as CaliciVirus, HerpesVirus, FIV or FeLV?

She is a very sweet girl by the way!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It that I know of no
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
not that I know of no

So, those viruses mentioned are not uncommon in those who have been strays and can cause signs such as Cat Flu, eye ulcers and eye discharge.

This would be the first thing I would check for.

Given the appearance of her Left eye, I would want that stained as there may well be a corneal ulcer which requires treatment such as eye drops and pain relief (atropine).

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
We are taking her to the vet on Friday , but I was wanting to get a bit of additional info from a professional , is it anything to worry about will she be ok to wait until Friday??

Ideally, we would treat eyes ASAP as there is a risk of any ulcer or infection worsening and eyes can deteriorate quickly. If possible, I would try to arrange a sooner appointment.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok thank you , I will see if I can get in tomorrow

Very happy to help and please feel free to keep me updated.