Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

Cat licked face, and I have cream on with lavander. Assuming

Cat licked face, and I have cream on with lavander. Assuming the amounts are small enough to cause harm

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** have more than thirty years of experience in the veterinary field. I’m happy to help with your question today. But please bear with me if I need to ask you some clarifying questions first. Thank you!

However before I can start I need a little more information to make things clearer for me, so could you please confirm the following :

1. How long ago did this happen { How many minutes or hours ago }?

2. Are you seeing any adverse side effects of any kind?

Without the information I asked for in my request, I can only give you this general answer but I hope this is helpful:

I am sorry to hear about your cat's problem, I know that you must be very concerned. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

1. While it is well known that essential oils of various sorts can be toxic to cats I agree with you that that the amounts that will have been ingested by your cat licking your face will be unlikely to be problematic.

2. Given the above, there are no special measures that you need to take for now other than just keeping an eye on your cat. The chances are that your cat will be just fine.

3. But please let me know how things go.

But in any case, I should be available online for you for the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if your cat's condition changes in any way or indeed if you would like to talk things over with me further.

Regards,

Dr. Scott
Have I answered your question? If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so please let me know if there is anything more I can do for you. Thank you for using our site.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions - I am happy to help.
Kindest regards,
Dr. Scott

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Scott, he's fine luckily