Dr L Simmon
Dr L Simmon, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian MVB MRCVS
103237793

My cat has some small area of bleeding halfway between the

Customer Question

Hi. My cat has some small area of bleeding halfway between the ear entry canal and eye
JA: Hi there. I'll do all I can to help. How badly is the cat bleeding? When did this start?
Customer: It's very small bleeding that has pooled up in the area, it's about 5mm in diameter with another few dried spots next to it I have only noticed it today
JA: What's the cat's name and age?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** he is 1yr 3months old
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Romeo?
Customer: He is an indoor cat and has never been outdoors
Category: Cat
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
File attached (LT264QP)
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
He is eating and drinking normally, using his litter tray. He isn't showing signs of being distressed or uncomfortable
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
File attached (MZP6372)
Expert:  Dr L Simmon replied 19 days ago.
Hello, you are through to Dr Linda, a UK based vet.
What a sweet boy.
Thank you for this clear photo of Romeo.
This looks like a mild dermatitis and, in this area, it is often associated with an allergy to fleas, dust mites or food. Other considerations would include ear mites.Ideally, he would see a vet to examine the skin and take a swab so specific treatment can be started.At home, ensure he is up to date with a good quality parasite prevention. Even indoor cats get fleas.Prevent rubbing with a buster collar if needed.Consider feeding a hypoallergenic diet from a ceramic bowl. It may take a few weeks to notice improvement.You can bathe the skin with saline daily.If worsening or he is very irritated, his vet can prescribe anti itch medicine.I do hope this helps.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Ok that is helpful thank you
Happy to help!