Dr L Simmon
Dr L Simmon, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian MVB MRCVS
103237793

My 18 month old cat has her mouth open slightly and

Customer Question

my 18 month old cat has her mouth open slightly and breathing from her tummy she also is trying to be sick we have moved house we kept them in the house for 2weeks and she goes out only near the house
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the cat?
Customer: she has her mouth open slightly and breathing from her tummy she also trying to be sick
JA: Where does the cat seem to hurt?
Customer: she does't seem to be in any pain she is eating and drinking
JA: What is the cat's name?
Customer: Sophia
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: she seems to of stopped purring to
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr L Simmon replied 9 days ago.
Hello, you are through to Dr Linda, a UK based vet.
I'm sorry to hear Sophia has this issue and appreciate your concern.This is a true emergency and she needs to see a vet immediately.Potential causes would include asthma, heart disease or a toxin ingestion.She likely needs antibiotics and medicine to help her breathing.This is not something that can wait and she needs to be seen right now.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
OK will take her to the vet thank you
That's great.This window remains open and you can check in at any time and ask any further questions you may have.Wishing her all the very best.