Dr L Simmon
Dr L Simmon, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian MVB MRCVS
103237793

We have a 9 week old kitten. His right eye is watering with

Customer Question

Hi We have a 9 week old kitten.
JA: Hi there. I'll do all I can to help. Can you tell me a little more about the kitten's situation? How long has this been a concern?
Customer: His right eye is watering with small amount of green discharge and a snoty right nostril. He is sneezing alot more today.
JA: Has the kitten been eating and drinking normally? Have you taken his temperature?
Customer: In himself he is fine. Eating drinking playing as normal. He doesn't appear to have a temperature
JA: In addition to the congestion, has the kitten been licking or scratching his skin?
Customer: No
JA: What's the kitten's name?
Customer: Milo
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: No
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr L Simmon replied 8 days ago.
Hello, you are through to Dr Linda, a UK based vet.
I'm sorry to hear Milo has this issue.Has he been seen by a vet and had his first vaccines?
Do you know if his mother was vaccinated?
Is he happy to eat and play?

Without further information it is very difficult for me to provide the best advice but I shall certainly try.

Please reply when you can and we can continue the conversation.

If not already seen by a vet, this would be the first port of call. At this age, all kittens need a check up, vaccines and parasite prevention.

It is possible he has cat flu, which is especially common in unvaccinated cats.

It is important he is eating, drinking and playful and his breathing is calm and settled.

Offer warm chicken if needed and ensure the air is well ventilated and free of dust and smoke.

I do hope this helps.

We need to ensure Milo