Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 48 years of experience.
55012488

My female cat has started behaving out of character she’s

My female cat has started behaving out of character she’s eating n drinking very little and refusing to come home and it’s strange that she’s not coming near me were as before she was very affectionate
JA: I'll do all I can to help. When did you first notice this decrease in the cat's appetite? How is her energy level?
Customer: It’s been about 3 days she’s not very energetic at all which is unusual for her she’s about 10yrs old
JA: Does the cat seem to be in any pain?
Customer: No she doesn’t appear to be just very quiet were as before she would miaow and jump on my knee and purr but none of that now
JA: What's the cat's name?
Customer: Lexi
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: No she’s always very healthy never had to go to vets for any problems
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi it’s Lexis owner here
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi have you any idea what’s the matter with Lexi

As you might imagine there's likely to be more than one thing going on at Lexi's age.  Her inappetence and social distancing are important clinical signs but they're not pathognomonic (specifically indicative) of any one particular disorder; however, degenerative disorders such as chronic kidney disease and neoplasia (cancer somewhere in her body) are important considerations in older cats.

Thus, Lexi's vet will want to perform a complete physical exam including diagnostics in the form of fasted (at least 4 hours but never restrict water) blood and urine tests.  Imaging in the form of X-rays and ultrasound might be recommended as well.   Please respond with additional questions and concerns if you wish.