Dr L Simmon
Dr L Simmon, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian MVB MRCVS
103237793

My cat has had dirrea since yesterday and its only after

my cat has had dirrea since yesterday and its only after eating wet food she is.nine months old
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the cat's name?
Customer: latte
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: not that i know of as she was left with.me by some one who couldnt take her with them
Hello, you are through to Dr Linda, a UK based vet.
I'm sorry to hear Latte has this issue.Is she still energetic and eager to eat?
When was she last treated for worms and which product was used?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
she is still energetic and eager to eat she got wormed yesterday morning and i ised Beaphar multi wormer for.cats
Thank you for this additional information.Beaphar is onto effective against round and tape worm but not e.g. hook worm or protozoa, so I would consider using Panacur if the diarrhoea persists.I would start a bland diet of chicken and rice little and often and only gradually reintroduce her kitten food once the stool is solid.She should be started on a probiotic paste such as protexin prokolin which can be purchased online or from a pet shop.The main thing is that she remains playful and happy to eat. Her gums should be pink and wet. She should not be restless or have a bloated abdomen and there shouldn't be blood in the stool.We would expect her signs to improve daily but, if not, a vet visit and stool analysis is best.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
ty
Not at all.This window stays open so you can keep me updated and ask any further questions you may have.Take care.