Dr L Simmon
Dr L Simmon, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian MVB MRCVS
103237793

I have a male cat, approx 14 years old. We took him to the

Customer Question

I have a male cat, approx 14 years old. We took him to the vet a few weeks back, as he had a swollen eye, he was given antibiotics and steroids which we were told would cover him for 2 weeks. Just come home from holiday, and his eye has swollen again. However this time, overnight he has been sick 5 times, and has also defecated in our bathroom. He has never done this before, off his food too.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. A lack of appetite can seem worrying. Does the cat also seem more tired than usual?
Customer: Yes but at his age we kind of expect it
JA: Does the cat seem to be in any pain?
Customer: No
JA: And what's the cat's name and age?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** he is 14
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Billie?
Customer: i don’t think so, apart from the fact we live close to open spaces so he does hunt and eat vermin, shrews in particular don’t agree with him.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr L Simmon replied 11 days ago.
Hello, you are through to Dr Linda, a UK based vet.
I'm sorry to hear this and appreciate your concern.I suspect more is going on here, such as a tooth root abscess or foreign body.He needs to be re-seen and the vet may run some tests such as imaging of the swelling and a blood test.Treatment will depend on what is going on and may include e.g a tooth extraction and further medicine.As he is currently unwell, he should be seen today if at all possible.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you we will try and get him seen asap
Ok great.This window stays open so you can keep me updated and ask any further questions you may have.