Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

My pet has fleas. We are currently being given broadline for

Hello my pet has fleas. We are currently being given broadline for her. This is a recurring thing. I have tried all different things to get rid of them in the house but it just doesn't seem to work.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: Cat
JA: Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: My cat is called Millie and she has not long turned 3. I'm registered with the vet and have recently taken her to see them. I was given our usual treatment of broadline.
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. You're through to Dr Chris, a Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you shortly.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Ok thank you

Sorry to hear of this with Millie. May I ask which products you have use to treat the household? Also how long ago was Broardline last applied?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I applied broadline on the 27th of August. She has it the same date every month. As for the household I have tried quite a few products and methods.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I would prefer to talk over the chat if thats ok

OK. It is important to note that in these situations it is usually a problem with environmental contamination (90% of flea infestation is in the environment not on the animal)

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Ok so what would you say is best for me to use. I'm doing regular cleaning also but with working aswell it hard to do every day

I would use a quality household flea spray such as Indorex or Rip fleas. Make sure sure all floor level surfaces are treated especially under furniture and around the bases of skirtings/cracks etc. Bedding should be washed at 60degrees or sprayed.

Also make sure any other animals in the home environmemt are also treated.

I hope that answers your question?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Ok I'll have a look for those products. I already wash everything at 60 degrees. I'm also steam cleaning (i was told that would help)

It can do, but will not be as effective as one of the above products (which have persist action in the environment to help stops any further eggs laid from developing).