Dr L Simmon
Dr L Simmon, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian MVB MRCVS
103237793

He has not been eating or drinking and has vomited bile for

He has not been eating or drinking and has vomited bile for three days
JA: I'll do all I can to help. A lack of appetite can seem worrying. Does the cat also seem more tired than usual?
Customer: Yes he looks very down
JA: Does the cat seem to be in any pain?
Customer: no
JA: And what's the cat's name and age?
Customer: he is called baby and nine
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Baby?
Customer: no
Hello, you are through to Dr Linda, a UK based vet.
I'm sorry to hear Baby is so unwell.Are his gums pink and wet?
Any fast breathing or abdominal bloating?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No none of those things his nose is wet but he is not a cat that will let me look at his gums
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I would rather do it by message
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hello are you still there
I am just typing my reply.
His symptoms are highly concerning and there is a real chance at this stage that he is dehydrated (has dry gums) or jaundiced (has yellow tinged gums).He may also have low blood sugar and abnormal salt levels, contributing to his lethargy.As he isn't taken on any liquid and is continuing to vomit, he needs to be seen urgently.There are many potential causes for his signs including pancreatitis, liver or gall bladder disease, a gut obstruction, diabetes etc.The vet will examine him and may run some tests such as a blood test and abdominal scan.Treatment will depend on what is going on and may include e.g antibiotics, a fluid drip and an anti nausea medicine.Given how unwell he sounds, I suspect he may be admitted to the hospital.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Okay thank you
Not at all.This window stays open so you can keep me updated and ask any further questions you may have.Hopefully Baby is back to normal very shortly.