Dr L Simmon
Dr L Simmon, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian MVB MRCVS
103237793

Came home from work and my cat met me as usual but meowing

Came home from work and my cat met me as usual but meowing and sort of wobbling over, like her back legs were going. Seemed a bit pannicky, cant see any wounds or blood on her
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How badly is the cat bleeding? When did this start?
Customer: There is no blood. She was very wobbly, like she was drunk. And then after lying down for about 10 mins, she seemed perfectly normal
JA: And what's the cat's name and age?
Customer: Tortie and she is approx 12-13 years old
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Tortie?
Customer: normally in good health with voracious appetite!
Hello, you are through to Dr Linda, a UK based vet.I am sorry to hear Tortie isn't herself and appreciate your concern.Considerations for an event like this would include a toxin ingestion (perhaps human medicine, a plant or cleaning product), a blood clot, a slipped disc, muscle strain etc.While I do appreciate she is normal now, as this is so very unusual I would be keen for a vet check.They will examine her and may run some tests such as a blood test and urine analysis. They will also assess her neurological and orthopaedic function.It would be sensible for them to measure her blood pressure and check for a fever too.I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any further questions.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any further questions.