Dr L Simmon
Dr L Simmon, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian MVB MRCVS
103237793

My 8year old cat is on frusol which is impossible to get at

My 8year old cat is on frusol which is impossible to get at the moment. Is there any other medication she could have that will do the same job? She has myocardial myopathy.
Hello, you are through to Dr Linda, a UK based vet.This is a diuretic, if which there are many.This is a prescription medicine available only through your vet.Other diuretics include torsemide or diuretics in other classes. Your vet may also be able to use human Frusemide through the cascade.

I hope that this makes sense and that your vet has been able to provide a solution.

Certainly, if your cat needs Frusol it is important we do not abruptly stop it.

Please do let me know if you have any further questions.

Anything else, please do let me know.

Linda.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you. My Vet has managed to find a bottle of Frusol for us, that should keep us going for a while. Thank you very much for the advice. It is good to have some information to be able to refer to if it happens again (which would never surprise me).
Sandra