retnev
retnev, Veterinarian
Experience:  All dog and cat Veterinary problems and questions.Interest in Surgery
61759096

My good cat had puppies 8 weeks ago, I gave them up for

Customer Question

Hi. my good cat had puppies 8 weeks ago, I gave them up for adoption but she still produces milk, her breasts are very swollen. what exactly do i have to do to them? or what I need to explain to the vet
JA: Hi there. We like to be extra careful with pregnancies, so I'll need to connect you with the Vet right away. Before I do, is there anything else you'd like me to share about the situation?
Customer: No
Category: Cat
Expert:  retnev replied 13 days ago.

Welcome, my name is***** am a BVSc-graduate of Vet School, with 15 years experience of Medicine and Surgery. It is my privilege to attend to your question shortly.

• Thank you for the question.

• Arnica gel (from a pharmacy) can be applied to the mammary glands. It is a good local anti inflammatory gel. This can be done twice a day and the gel rubbed into the skin for a minute.

• Applying pressure the glands will help to stop milk production. This can be done with a bandage wrapped around the body. A sock can also be used and holes cut for the head and neck.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
do I apply pressure after using the gel?
Expert:  retnev replied 13 days ago.

Yes that is correct. First the gel, rubbed in a bit and then the pressure.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank so much . Have a nice day
Expert:  retnev replied 13 days ago.

Thank you! Have a great day too & all the best!