Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

My cat had an x-ray and it showed something stuck in her

Hi, my cat had an x-ray and it showed something stuck in her stomach. They tried to give her something so she could throw it up, but that did not work. Instead, the vet wants to perform surgery on her tomorrow morning to remove it. She currently is not eating well and throws up the little food she does eat. I have pictures of the x-ray if you would like to see it.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with your cat?
Customer: there is something stuck in her stomach, and she is not eating properly as she throws up the little food she eats. I wanted to get a second opinion on whether to go through with the surgery or not as her platelets are low, the vet told me her chance of surviving is 50 percent.
JA: Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your cat eat anything unusual?
Customer: not that i know of.
JA: OK. The Expert will know what to do. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Lucky
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. You're through to Dr Chris, a Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you shortly.

Sorry to hear of this with your cat. Yes I would be happy to see the xray. What were her symptoms which led to her needing the xray, was it just her not eating? How old is she? Does she have any other concurrent problems?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
she had the x-ray as she had been throwing up her food but was eating well. Then her vomit was foamy and then turned into a weird yellow liquid. She is almost four years old. No she does not have any other problems except with eating.

I umseratand. I certainly can phone you to discuss this but it would be helpful to see the xray first?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I can't seem to be able to send any photos. Do you have an email i can send the x-ray pictures to?

You can attach using the paperclip icon in the reply box, or by emailing to***@******.*** (it could take up to 24hrs to be uploaded that way though)

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
File attached (P4MLL16)
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I also have a picture of the yellow liquid if that helps.

That's OK. I can call you shortly if you wish?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
that sounds great

Please do update me on how things go!

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I will, thank you so much!
You're welcome