A. Didiano, DVM
A. Didiano, DVM,
Experience:  Expert
115313062

About 4 weeks ago I had to have my female cat’s anul glands

About 4 weeks ago I had to have my female cat’s anul glands cleaned as they were full. When she sits on the throws she is leaving lots of stains, they are a light brownish colour. Should this happen again so soon?. It will cost a fortune if this keeps on happening. I am disabled and have to get someone to take me to a vet. Very worried.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Have you noticed any swelling or discharge?
Customer: No just the stains when she sits down.
JA: Has she been pooping normally?
Customer: Yes solid and normal
JA: And what's the cat's name and age?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** 1/2 years old
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Cleo?
Customer: she is on a diet, trying to loose weight.
Hi, I think it's too early to say if this will keep happening over and over again. If she is leaving a few strains but she is not swollen or in pain, you could monitor her for 1-2 weeks and see if the situation improves. however, if the situation does not improve or you notice any swelling/inflammation/discomfort, then you may want to be seen by a vet. I hope this makes sense. Please let me know if you have any further questions for me. Take care.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I don’t think it’s going to stop. Don’t know how long to wait. Thank you so much
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thank you so much for your help.