Susan MRCVS
Susan MRCVS,
Experience:  Expert
112619934

Is it a free service? I have two cats, resident and kitten.

Customer Question

Hi, is it a free service?
JA: Hi there. I'll do all I can to help. Can you tell me a little more about the cat's situation? How long has this been a concern?
Customer: I have two cats, resident and kitten. There is a problem with resident cats behaviour I need help with
JA: Does the cat ever go outside? Are they taking any medications?
Customer: they go outside occasionally under my assistance, we live near busy road. No medication
JA: What's the cat's name?
Customer: resident is called Kitten
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Kitten?
Customer: Not much… she is spayed, no health problems. She is spraying our doorstep and I barely see her, no health problems its more of a behaviour question than vet
Category: Cat
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Okay so Kitten (resident cat, 2,5 year old) is with us since she was 12 week old.
A year ago we got new kitten called Nutty. Nutty was 8 weeks when we got her (her previous owners gave her away however I think it was a bit too soon).I introduced the cats through the door and I was doing everything by the book. Then I started realising Nutty for a little longer outside the room.After a while she became dominating the resident cat. I guess she (Nutty) wanted to be playful but she grabs the resident cat by her neck, sometimes leaves with fur in her mouth. Resident cat growls hisses and swats at the baby cat sometimes.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
now Kitten is timid, scared. She doesn’t come to me to cuddle anymore Becuase anytime she does the baby cat comes (just Becuase she’s interested?) and resident cat gets scared.They can eat together but I think there is a big dominance play for attention.
Resident cat now sprays our doorstep. I would like them to be friends or at least get kitten to tolerate nutty.
I was thinking if using the hormone diffusers will help. Any ideas how I could make this situation better? I wish they could like each other. I wish Kitten wasn’t scared and annoyed anytime the baby cat comes around and was so timid. I love them both so much :( any help would be really appreciated
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 18 days ago.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Hi, yes please! I would like to know how I can be helped (and my shittens). Thank you x
Expert:  Susan MRCVS replied 17 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I’m a veterinary surgeon in the UK. I will try and help you as best I can.

I’m sorry to hear that you are having problems with your cats.

You do need to pay for this service. We can offer online advice only. Would you like to proceed?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi Susan,
I have already set up an account and paid. If there’s any additional charges do let me know how much would that be!