Dr L Simmon
Dr L Simmon, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian MVB MRCVS
103237793

My kitten is going into heat every week/ every 2 weeks and

Customer Question

My kitten is going into heat every week/ every 2 weeks and is in a lot of discomfort and distress I was wondering if I could get her done I know you arent taking non urgent appointments right now but from what I’ve read cats should only go into head once a month and it’s bad for them to go into it all the time
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Does the kitten ever go outside? Is she taking any medications?
Customer: shes an indoor half ragdoll kitten and isn’t on any medication she’s never been to the vet before with me she turns 1 on the 26th of this month
JA: What's the kitten's name?
Customer: delilah
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Delilah?
Customer: just that she’s having abnormal heats
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr L Simmon replied 8 days ago.
Hello, you are through to Dr Linda, a UK based vet.I'm sorry to hear this and appreciate your concern.Most PDSA clinics are only seeing emergencies but you can check the website of your nearest clinic which will let you know their current status.Going into regular heat is natural and won't cause harm. However, neutering is advised to prevent pregnancy, mammary cancer or a uterus infection.Most vets offer low cost spay, costing between £50-100. If unable to fund this, check the C4 website online. They provide £5 neutering.

How does this all sound?

Expert:  Dr L Simmon replied 7 days ago.

I do hope this helps and please let me know if there is anything else I can help with,

Take care and all the best to Delilah,

Take care,

Linda.