DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian
Experience:  20+ yrs Experience. Int. Med, Emerg, Ultrasound, General Practice
20798050

My cat has had unusual vomiting and diaherra and is

Customer Question

Hi my cat has had unusual vomiting and diaherra and is lethargic and not drinking and eating
JA: Hi there. I'll do all I can to help. Does the vomit look liquidy or foamy? Is there food in it?
Customer: Its clear and translucent
JA: Could the cat have eaten anything unusual?
Customer: It may have eaten something while out yesterday evening
JA: What's the cat's name and age?
Customer: Killa. 1 year
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Killa?
Customer: No
Category: Cat
Expert:  DocPaul replied 8 days ago.

Hello there. This is Dr.Paul Brazzell. I am sorry that you are having trouble with your pet; I can understand how stressful it is for you. I will do my utmost best to help you. Please note that it may take a few minutes to see my reply to your posts. Discussing the case by phone allows me to be more efficient and accurate in assessing the problem. Now, let’s see if we can get this sorted out for you. Please let me know when you are ready to begin.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I'm ready to begin
Expert:  DocPaul replied 8 days ago.

Good morning! Nice to meet you.

Expert:  DocPaul replied 7 days ago.

Good morning.

It has been my pleasure to assist you. If you have any follow-up questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Expert:  DocPaul replied 7 days ago.

Without the information I requested, I can only give you a general answer, but I hope this helps. 

The top differentials here will be a foreign body, dietary indiscretion, internal parasites, toxicity, and viral disease. Of course, there are other ones, but they are less likely. In addition to feeling poorly, he will be dehydrated and likely has electrolyte abnormalities secondary to the vomiting. I would recommend taking him in for an examination and abdominal x-rays. They may want to check his blood, stool, and urine also. At the same time, they can give fluids and electrolytes, and injectable medications to settle his stomach. I hope that you are comfortable with my recommendations. Please let me know if you have more questions.

Please get back to me with additional details so that I can assist you further.
Dr. Paul Brazzell

Expert:  DocPaul replied 7 days ago.

Thank you so much for using Just Answer.

If you have more questions about this or any other problem, please feel free to request me. I would love to help.

Paul