Dr L Simmon
Dr L Simmon, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian MVB MRCVS
103237793

My cat has given birth this evening. She has left the

Customer Question

My cat has given birth this evening. She has left the kittens and I think she still has a kitten to deliver. It has been about 50 minutes since the last kitten was born
JA: We like to be extra careful with pregnancies, so I'll need to connect you with the Vet right away. Before I do, is there anything else you'd like me to share about the situation?
Customer: It's her 1st litter and she is 11 months old. She also becomes really anxious if myself or my son try to leave her
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr L Simmon replied 15 days ago.

Hi there, this is Dr Linda, a UK based vet.

I'm sorry to hear this and understand your concern for your cat.

Is she actively contracting? Contractions lasting more than 30-60 minutes without a kitten being produced can indicate a stuck kitten and an emergency vet visit is advised in case she needs a c section.

She should not be leaving kittens for long at all at this point and it may be that she is very stressed or in a lot of discomfort.

It can help to leave her alone in a dark and quiet room. While I appreciate she is anxious if you leave, it is worth trying for a few minutes to see if she settles with the kittens.

Expert:  Dr L Simmon replied 14 days ago.

Hi there, how does this sound? How has your cat been getting on?

I do hope this helps and please let me know if there is anything else,

Take care,

Linda.