Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience treating cats in my practice.
16881297

He has been pooping on the floor for the past 3 weeks, we

Customer Question

He has been pooping on the floor for the past 3 weeks, we have taken him to the vets and they ruled out any medical issues, we did his worming but that hasn’t made a difference. There have been no changes made in the house he will pee In his litter tray but poop on the floor
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Has the lit vomited recently? Any signs of blood in his stool?
Customer: No not vomit or blood in stools
JA: What's the lit's name?
Customer: milo
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Milo?
Customer: He’s 1 years old and has been neutered and he’s a very scared cat
Category: Cat
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
We have also got a pet remedy pheromone diffuser but that hasn’t helped
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 15 days ago.
I am so sorry that Milo is having this problem. Most likely, since he has been cleared by your veterinarian for a medical cause, this is due to anxiety. The first line of defense against this is this feline pheromone but since Milo is not responding to this, you will have to try other things.

Try using different types of litter and make sure to clean these areas with an odor eliminator such as Nature’s Miracle.

Use aluminum foil or double sided tape in the problem areas which may discourage using these spots.

If this is not sufficient, your vet has medication that can help with this problem and, if used along with the Feliway, hopefully, will be successful. These medications are antianxiety drugs such as Fluoxetine or Clomipramine. Ask your veterinarian about this.

Does that make sense to you?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
That makes sense, I don’t want to change the litter as he’s been using that since birth, and also he doesn’t usually poo in one specific area he’ll do it randomly around the house, sometimes behind the seat or in my room or in the living room.

If you have other cats, have more litter boxes in low traffic areas. It is worth trying the Clomicalm to reduce the anxiety that is causing this inappropriate elimination. There are answers for this….you just have to experiment to find the right one for your Milo❤️