retnev
retnev, Veterinarian
Experience:  All dog and cat Veterinary problems and questions.Interest in Surgery
61759096

Vomitting a little in the morning, liquidy, no, Ben 15yrs,

Vomitting a little in the morning
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Does the vomit look liquidy or foamy? Is there food in it?
Customer: liquidy
JA: Could the cat have eaten anything unusual?
Customer: no
JA: And what's the cat's name and age?
Customer: Ben 15yrs
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Ben?
Customer: Low heart mumur

Hello and welcome, my name is***** am a BVSc graduate of vet school with 15 years of experience of medicine and surgery. It is my privilege to help with your question.

• Thank you for the question about Ben.

• Yes, this can be an imbalance in the intestinal flora. Many factors like stress and change of diet can give rise to this imbalance. The right balance of bacteria in the intestines is so important as a large part of normal digestion is carried out by microbes in the intestines.

• I like to put these cases onto a good probiotic like Fortiflora. It will help to establish the right balance of bacteria and help with optimal digestion. The probiotic is available from vet shops or online. In older cats it is a great supplement and improves the digestive function a lot.

https://www.petdrugsonline.co.uk/purina-pro-plan-fortiflora-cat-food-supplement