Dr L Simmon
Dr L Simmon, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian MVB MRCVS
103237793

She hasn't eaten, drank or gone to toilet for 2 days. Had

Customer Question

She hasn't eaten, drank or gone to toilet for 2 days . Had some teeth out on Wednrsday but been OK till Sunday
JA: I'll do all I can to help. A lack of appetite can seem worrying. Does the cat also seem more tired than usual?
Customer: Yes no energy
JA: Does the cat seem to be in any pain?
Customer: Can't tell with her, she never let's you know but she purrs when I stroke her
JA: And what's the cat's name and age?
Customer: Puss Puss about 11 yes old but that is approx as I've only had her a year . She was a stray
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: I put the liquid pain killer in her food but I think she could smell it and put her off
Category: Cat
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Been waiting 30 minutes fir reply and paid £5
Expert:  Dr L Simmon replied 8 days ago.

Hello, you are through to Dr Linda, a UK based vet with 10 years of clinical experience working out of West London. It will be my pleasure to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear to this and understand your concern for Puss Puss.

When did she last have her medicine?

Are her gums pink and wet?

Hi there, could you see my reply?

It looks like you may be offline. Without further information it is difficult for me to provide the best advice but I will certainly try. Please reply when you can and we can continue the conversation.

I'm sorry Puss Puss has been unwell and know you will be worried for her.

Her signs of not eating, not drinking and lethargy are a real worry, especially at her age.

She is at risk of dehydration and low blood sugar.

It may be that she has not coped well with the anaesthetic, or that the medicine she's on has unmasked underlying renal or liver disease.

It is also possible that there is an ongoing dental issue, such as an abscess or retained root.

As she is really not herself, I'd want her seen by a vet ASAP.

They can examine her and should thoroughly examine her mouth as well as her hydration status.

Her treatment will depend on what is going on and may include fluids and injectable medicine as well as syringe feeding.

Hopefully Puss Puss is feeling better very soon.

Any further questions are welcomed.

I hope I was able to answer your question fully.  To add me as a favourite, after rating me you can go to your ‘My Questions’ page and use the heart icon labelled ‘Favourite Expert’. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a Favourite Expert then type @</bCustomerat the start of your next chat.

Any future questions will be welcomed.

- You can check back into this window at any time with an update and further questions.

- Tips are never expected but always appreciated.