Richard, Electronics Engineer
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of Cell Phones

i bought two GT-E1190 M0bile phone through Amazon. I have

Customer Question

i bought two GT-E1190 M0bile phone through Amazon. I have installed the Sim card in one unit, with some difficulty. But can not get the dammed thing to work, I was about to return them but since it takes such a long time I thought I would try this method of help. I keep getting the message "install the sim card. I have looked for a Samson phone number with out any success any success. Can you help? Derek Gledden xxxxxxxxx

Category: Mobile Phones
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard and I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is a brand new phone correct? So you have no data on it you wish to keep?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes it is a new phone I am prepared to add the data myself

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Derek

I want you to reset the phone please to rule out the firmware as the cause for this problem.

To do this, remove the Sim card, start the phone and dial

Once you dial it, it will initiate the reset.

When this has completed, setup the phone and tell me if it now accepts the SIM card please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
how do you mean Derek?

It will not fit? Or it falls out?