nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Cell Phone Salesperson
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

How do I register my phone to enable me to make calls

how do I register my phone to enable me to make calls
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can get on line and lots of other things but I can only use my phone for emergencies
Hi. Welcome to justanswer.Please reply with the model and brand details of your phone.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Microsoft lumia
Have you inserted the sim card?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes
Okay. Press All Settings- mobile+SIM-SIM settings.Now press the field below "Network selection".Press search for networks.Your phone searches for networks within range.Press your selected network.Your display will tell you if you've access to the network you've chosen. Tell me what message do you get.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
o2-uk virgin vodaphone uk virgin 3g 2g 3uk search again
You are subscribed to which network? Is it being displayed?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
virgin
Choose Virgin from the list then.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
done that
Now restart your phone and try calling. Check if you are now able to make calls?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
do I have to register my sim card
What do you mean by register. Have you bought this sim just now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no it came with the phone its just that there were not many instructions with it
Then yes, you need to register this sim card. It is not yet activated and that is why you cannot make calls yet.You'll need to activate it online by registering or logging into your account at virginmobile.co.uk/youraccount and select Plan and Device.
Since you are a new user, you will need to register for the account. CLICK HERE FOR DIRECT LINK
Are you able to register and follow the process. If you find any difficulty then reply for further assistance.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have rung virgin the sim card was faulty they are going to send me another one thanks for your help
That's great. Once you get the sim you will be good to go.Don't forget to rate my service. (You need to click the stars present on the upper panel.)Thanks. Cheers!Regards Nathan.
Brian, please rate the chat POSITIVELY so that I can get credited for my service.