Richard, Electronics Engineer
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of Cell Phones

Since april when i receive a video picture it displays audio

since april when i receive a video picture it displays audio sound only with no picture went into my phone shop and they didnt know, have you any idea please
Hi there and welcome JuliaCan you tell me please the make and model of the phone?Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Samsung mini.
ThanksJust to be sure, have you restarted the phone Julia?So held down the power button until a menu shows, then pressed power off, powered it on and tried to play a video?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi just done that. nojoy
ThanksIs it only within Whatsapp it does not play videos? Or if you record a video on the phone, can you play it back?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We tried at the phone shop just sound and yhe picture no movement
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would it be better for you to connect to phone
Thanks, ***** ***** be able to connect to your phone.Can you go to settings, Applications Manager then swipe to the list all.Then locate Google Services Framework.Press it and press clear data Once done, restart the phone and tell me if video now plays please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry no it doesn't
ok, we will need to reset the phone, this will remove all your data and return the phone to new, so backup any data first before doing this as the data will be removed.Then go to Settings, Backup and Reset, Factory Reset.Let this complete, setup the phone again and tell me if the video now plays please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure we're to back data etc to so we best leave it thanks for your help.
You can connect it to your computer Julia and copy your data to it eg: Photos ect.Or download and install the app Dropbox and this can do the backup for you.But we will need to do the reset in order to rule out the firmware as the problem.I will mark this question to never close, so if you wish to resume later that is ok.I ask though that for now you please rate my service via one of the stars at the top then submit.But to get the video to work we will need to do this reset and you should have a backup of your files in case.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will do what you say and thankyou Richard. Julia