nathan_mills, Cell Phone Salesperson
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.

I have just bought a new phone, and was asked g mail

I have just bought a new phone, and was asked for my g mail account. I recently changed this and am trying to put this into my phone to get my old contacts and downloads on to my new phone, but no luck so far. Can you advise me?

Hi Judith. Welcome to justanswer.

Go to Settings- Account. Tap Add Acount and choose google account. Enter your credentials.

Reply for further assistance

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
far have followed the advice and it is now checking info

Are you able to call now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, the phone is able to send and receive calls but I seem to have lost all my contacts and music downloads. Really not sure what to do now.

Go to Settings- Backup and Reset. Check if you see any option to restore data

Also, Under Settings- Accounts. You will see your Google account listed. Click it to sync all the data.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have followed your advice, still no joy so I think you may have to do this, will click the remote assistant link.

I cannot connect to your phone through remote assistance

Are you using Windows or Mac?

Tell me so that I can sort out your problem

I cannot connect directly to your phone but I can try to sync the data through your computer.

Now you will need to install a file onto your computer. If you are using Windows then follow the steps below :

Once you click this link below
A file will automatically get downloaded. Check your download section, a file named ELSINORE.SCREENCONNECT will be present. Just open that file so that I can connect to your computer.