Richard, Electronics Engineer
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of Cell Phones
32989067

1. Had a Orange monthly contract sim only deal in January

1. Had a Orange monthly contract sim only deal in January 2016.
2. I was using it on a samsung S6 in UK.
3. I asked my friend to buy a new phone from india as Samsung J7 dual sim, was not available in Uk
4. Once I got the new phone I started using new samsung J7 with my old sim.
5. I had difficulty in getting internet setting activated on J7 as it had Indian bandwidth and Called Customer service on 6th Feb 2016
6. They changed the setting for me and internet started working
7. Since all my data was in my old phone samsung S6, I used an app to transfer the data from samsung S6 to samsung J7 in Feb 2016
8. Mostly all my apps got transfered but somehow not my messages and content inside the apps.
9. Why was this? Is it normal or exception?

Hi there and welcome

Apps themselves will transfer via your account but not their content.

Which apps have the issue?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
All apps including whatsapp! Also is it normal for data not to get transfer from one phone to other phone.I also didn't get messages but got some Images.Is this normal or an exception?

It is normal, only the apps get transferred.

For whatsapp it has its own internal backup but you have to have it on and you have to have the same phone number on the new phone.

For text messages you need to use an app on the old phone called Super backup

This allows you to have a file which you transfer to the new phone and you can restore your content also within the same app (this app is free from the playstore)

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your reply. Finally could you please tell me is it a normal or a complicated process to Buy a phone from other country and use it in UK with your old sim?

Easy process as long as the phone is unlocked

Make sure before you purchase it it is unlocked.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you Richard.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thats what it asked me to do, It said first use an Indian sim to unlock the phone in order to use it outside India.
is this what you are saying, as well?

As long as the phone is unlocked it can be used. If the phone is locked it will not work.

If the person or comany you purchased it from said that is how to unlock it, that is what you will need to do.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you!!