Richard, Electronics Engineer
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of Cell Phones
32989067

I have a Blackberry Priv which I am otherwise pleased

I have a Blackberry Priv which I am otherwise pleased with.However, I have difficulty in receiving calls. The caller appears on the screen but nothing I do will pick up on it. The phone goes over to voicemail message after 15 seconds and i have to callback.
How do I solve this?
What should i be pressing to get a connection and how can I extend the time before it goes to voicemail.
Thanks,
Michael

Hi there and welcome

Can you please hold the power button down until you see a menu and choose power off.

then power on the phone and tell me how it hen functions please

Let me know the results

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It opens normally, so far as I can see.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I would rather do this on,line.

Ok, and can you take calls now on the phone? Is it working?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It is switched on and when I call it from my land line it shows the call but I still cannot pick up the call.

Is anything on the screen functioning at all?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the screen works properly for all other functions.

Can you make calls with it?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

ok,

Tap the phone icon.

Tap the menu icon.

Tap Settings.

Tap Call settings.

Tap Call forwarding.

Disable this and all call diverts

Then try to receive a call

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I switched off or disabled all of the options. A new window opens when a call comes in and I can open the call. presumably, if i want to divert, i need to do so each time. can I extend the delay?

Yes, if you want to divert you need to set it as so.

The delay is set by your phone provider, you need to check with them about this.

But the divert was the issue as you saw

Glad it is now resolved and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

You are welcome

And please remember the service rating else I receive nothing for resolving this

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I rate the service as good. I do not like being invited immediately to spend more money by telephoning.
Otherwise, thank you.