Ashik
Ashik, Cellphone Tech
Experience:  Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
16433418

I have lost my mobile phone and have given up the idea of

Customer Question

I have lost my mobile phone and have given up the idea of relocating it. I have just bougth another mobile phone (alcatel) and wish to kill the old phone and transfer the sim card with the old number to my new telephone. My answers received so far have been extremely difficult for me to understand and perform. I hope this will be a simple transfer.
JA: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?
Customer: I haven't got a smartphone
JA: How long has this been going on with your smartphone? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Phoning the Virgin helpline who wanted several pieces of info that I didn't have
JA: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want a simple transfer of the sim card and accept that I will have lost all the numbers recorded on the old phone
Category: Mobile Phones
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For personal reasons I am running out of time before tomorrow mid-afternoon. I will reply again to this then and hope it fits your availabilty. Thank you. ***** (formerly and hopefully - 079 82 62 42 53 or Landline: 01636 640591
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Ashik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

What was the model of your old phone?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Samsung - NOT a smart phone. Payments made by direct debit to Virgin.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I say, I am out of time before tomorrow afternoon, so I must regrettably finish this conversation until then
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

To transfer the SIM card, you need to get to the Virgin store or the carrier network store and submit the necessary documents asked by them. Then they will block the old card and issue a new one which you can use with your new phone.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Having lost my Virgin mobile phone, I want to use the old number on my new phone if possible. But I am finding it very difficult to do There seems to be so much information that I do not have. And some that I do, of course.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, Did you get my answer? You need to take your phone to the Virgin store, then submit the identification documents, so they can issue a new SIM card with the same number for you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is the nearest Virgin store to Newark, Nottiinghamshire?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

You can locate the nearest store from this website --> https://store.virginmedia.com/store-locator.html