Richard, Electronics Engineer
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of Cell Phones
32989067

I have a sony xperia x a 1 phone when you ring it there is

Customer Question

i have a sony xperia x a 1 phone when you ring it there is no noise from speaker but the light in top left hand corner flashers on and off part off the touch screen doesnt work correctly i dont think it as a charging issue sometimes charges sometimes does not It usually charges if you play with u s b cable that goes into chargeing port People think it as a motherboard issue
Category: Mobile Phones
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
0
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tell me wants best for me to do take it to a phone shop to get it repaired or repair it my self eg take motherboard and take somewhere to get repaired.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Can you please hold the power button on the phone until you see a menu and choose power off.

Then power on the phone and tell me how it now functions please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ive pressed power button after that i see power off restart take screen shot When i press power off i see power off shutting down and green circle going round and round for ten seconds then i hear a faint noise and goes off.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Now power it on and tell me how it then functions please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I switch it on then see sony for ten seconds then see powered by android for two seconds then xperia for twenty seconds then it comes on.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

How is it now functioning if you try to use it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
a
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Sorry I only see "a" in your response, can you please complete the message?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tell me want buttons to press and i will video record it and send it back to you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ignore that go to next massage
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

You do not need to record video, please do the instructions I gave and let me know how it now functions please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The speaker when you ring it was not working but it as started working it has a poblem with chargeing you after to hold the usb cable down to get it to work at the bottem there is a white square then a white dot then a traingle they dont seem to work very good Its been sent to sony there cant repair it cause it as had unautherised repairs done at it perhaps i can take it to vodaphone and there can tell me if its functioning o k the speaker did not work before it went to sony one time i spoke to sony they said it had phiscal damage to mother board main display broken and another time there said broken display and motherboard issue and i asked them if mother board would repair or it needed another one ther said there did not know there is a non reparable quotion letter another shop thats been repair it say it as a motherboard issue charging issue screen issue
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Ok, if this is the case, then the board will need to be replaced, you would need to get this done sorry.

If you tell me your location I can find a place that can do this for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
York Some body fitted a speaker and after that part off touch did not work correctly there QUOTED ME SIXTY OR SEVENTY POUND TO FIX MOTHERBOARD ISSUE One shop quoted me twenty pound to fit a motherboard out off a second hand phone Somebody told me p c revamp If the board is replaced will the imei number be different Cant i fit a board my self there is phones for sale on facebook somestimes you can find one cheap with screen broken if you buy a second hand phone you need to be sure it hasnt had unautherised repairs done or the warrenty wont be valed How much do new motherboards cost and how much do they charge to fit them.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

For twenty pounds I would use that store, a secondhand one is no issue if it is working and it is a very good price for this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Who can repair sony xperia x a 1 motherboard issue or motherboard physical damage
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Where exactly are you located?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
York
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

You can contact York Phone repairs here for this.

Address:*****York, York YO24 1LR, United Kingdom
Hours:
Open ⋅ Closes 5:30PM

Phone: +44 1904 700077

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. If you buy a second hand phone and need motherboard how do you know if its the same motherboard as my phone.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

If the second hand phone is the exact same one the yes it will be the same motherboard.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please tell me some shops that sell nearly new second hand phones that have had no unauthorised repairs done
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

In addition to the shop I sent you, rpeeated below,

York Phone Repairs

Hours:
Open ⋅ Closes 5:30PM

Phone: +44 1904 700077

Your next best option is to check on Ebay here

https://www.ebay.co.uk/

For any second hand phones available, as this ios the largest assortment available.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That shop could not fix it. Some shops have told me gamer-tech and p c Revamp Have you anymore shops you can tell me off. The phone wont switch on at all now you after hold u s b cable down to get it to charge and makes a noise on and off when charging Can you tell me how to get it to switch on there is a you tube video off a L 1 chargeing with 12 volts on battery then the phone will switch on.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

No sorry, in this event you will need to purchase a replacement phone.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i think there said they did not repair sony phones
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I see no other places in your location that do sorry though the place I recommended does indicate they repairs all makes of phones.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tell me off a place anywhere e g phone repairs on ebay. If you fit a second hand motherboard will the imei number be different to when the phone had original motherboard. The phone wont switch on now could it be battery thats at fault and mybe causeing other proplems.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

None on ebay sorry as they sell parts, not services normally, but you can see a list of cell phone repairs here

CLICK ME TO OPEN