Richard, Electronics Engineer
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of Cell Phones
32989067

Tap then double tap malware? s7 edge, since last night. I am

Tap then double tap malware?
JA: What's the brand/model of your phone?
Customer: s7 edge
JA: How long has this been going on with your phone? What have you tried so far?
Customer: since last night. I am basically locked out. everything asks for tap, then double tap. voice is on continually telling you what to do. I have accessed my initial 4 number code, but to get any further is a nightmare !!!
JA: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I think that explains it. Thankyou

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your phone. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the phone and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the phone.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi Richard. Phone me again on 01555 445758. Nothing has worked although I notice that you say differntly on comments with a 5 star review. Unhappy Bunny, John

Hi there

I am not able to call at the moment sorry as I am away from my phone but did you perform the instructions I gave you?

If it did not help then I want you to reset the phone.

This will remove all data from it and return it to new, so first please backup your data using the instructions here.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/how-to-backup-your-android-smartphone-to-pc/

Once done, then on the phone go to settings, search at the top for Factory Reset and do this.

Once done, setup the phone again and tell me how it now functions please.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I've no hairt left, but I do have a fully functioning phone, thanks to Samsung Technical Support, free of charge. I will be checking my card deductions to find out if I have been charged for a cut off call!! Regards, John

Hi John

The call was not cut, you indicated you would go away and do the instructions and return, which you did.

Glad it is now fixed.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I beg to differ, it was a straight cut off from your end, and I'm sure that these cases are recorded. I would like a copy please !!!

No the calls aee not recorded John, but as per the conversation I sent you the link for the instructions I explained over the phone, this link

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-enable-and-disable-voice-assistant-talkback-on-my-samsung-galaxy-smartphone/

And awaited your reply as you needed time to do this as agreed.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
The information that I initially got from you was that it was a known Firmware problem. Hold in off button for 60 seconds and then plug charger back in, you had to have it plugged in at start. Switch back on for resolve. I can of course send you a copy of that !

Hi John

During out conversation I promised to send you a link with the next steps which you would follow after our phone call, please scroll up and you see the link

Repeated below.

And as requested you were to let me know when you had done the instructions in your own time.

Please scroll up on this page and you will see this.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is Richard and I look forward to helping you.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I see in my account that you have charged £21.00 for solution. Have a snack on me.

That was my very first message to you John, you see there are messages following this.

The main thing is it is now working.

If you need anything else, please let me know.

Thank you and all the best.

Customer: replied 18 hours ago.
The expert rated himself 5 star with comments. No resolve from expert.
Customer: replied 18 hours ago.
Don't bother, free fix from Samsung Technical Support.