Eric
Eric, Android Expert
Experience:  3 Years as an Android Developer, Complete detailed knowlege of all Android Devices and the OS itself
57442719

I have had a LG phone on contract with Tesco mobile. I have

Customer Question

Hi, I have had a LG phone on contract with Tesco mobile. I have just upgraded my phone with them and have received an unlock code for the old phone, so that I may insert my wife's SIM with o2, thereby upgrading her phone. Trouble is that with the o2 sim in the LG, nothing comes up about entering unlock code.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Inserted the O2 sim into the LG phone. The assistant at Tesco was baffled also.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, that is all thank you.
Category: Mobile Phones
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!The LG should ask for an unlock code
- for Network PIN type the NCK code
- for Service provider PIN input the SPCK codeSecond option (device doesn't ask for an unlock code with an unaccepted SIM)1. Start the device with an accepted simcard
2. Go to the dial screen and press “2945#*model number#” (the same way you enter a phone number)
Example: the device is a P999 you need to enter “2945#*999#” or for KU990 you need to enter “2945#*990#” etc…Third option (accepted simcard)1. Go to dial screen and press 2945#*71001# ***** 2945#*20001# ***** if making a call
2. when a hidden window appears enter the unlock code