John T. F.
John T. F., Apple Consultant
Experience:  20+ years in the tech service industry, specializing in Apple devices
60674955

I could not login on in to my account because I forgot my

Customer Question

I could not login on in to my account because I forgot my password ***** the other things I changed my phone number my number is+447934889381
Assistant: When were you last able to use your phone?
Customer: Long time
Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? This will erase the phone's contents, but the Phone Expert can walk you through restoring your photos, contacts and other data from a backup (if you have one).
Customer: I ask them they say to me no
Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: If you change the new phone number in my account which is***********
Category: Mobile Phones
Expert:  John T. F. replied 8 months ago.

Hello! I’m John, a JustAnswer Expert, and I’ll be assisting you today. Thanks for your question.

If premium assistance is offered, please ignore it.

Can you clarify, what account is this in reference to please?

Without further information from you, I can only provide a general answer but I hope this helps.

Your email address is normally used as the username for your Apple ID. You should be able to reset your password ***** a computer (or internet-enabled device with web browser) using the site:

http://iforgot.apple.com/

1) Enter your Apple ID and click Continue. (If you have forgotten your Apple ID, click the option to “look it up” on that same page and supply the requested info. Then, once you have the ID, return to reset the password ***** needed.)

NOTE: If you are asked to confirm your trusted phone number, or asked for a “Recovery Key”, AND you also have a Mac, iPhone, or iPad using the SAME Apple ID where you can currently access the home screen, STOP and let me know - otherwise continue.

2) Select the option to reset your password. Choose how to reset your password:

• select "Answer security questions" to answer your stored security questions and then follow the rest of the steps.
  • select "Get an email" to receive an email you can use to reset your password.

3) Once you have the Apple ID and have reset the password, test out that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site: https://appleid.apple.com/

While signed in, it's a good idea to verify that all other details are current and correct.

4) You should restart all your Apple devices before signing in with the new password.

Hopefully, this answer will satisfy your concerns. If you still have questions or if something is unclear, please reply back and let me know. I'll be happy to help you further to try and get this resolved quickly.

Thank you and good luck,

John