Jeffrey B
Jeffrey B,
Experience:  ICT Support 1/2/3/ Line at Peopleware
72451768

My alacatel u5 is not charging. I tried to put the charger

Customer Question

my alacatel u5 is not charging. I tried to put the charger in and it's not working.
JA: What device isn't charging?
Customer: My alacatel charger lights on but the actual phone the Alacatel U5 is not charging. it might be something with the pins
JA: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?
Customer: the brand is Alacatel u5 and its Android operated.
JA: How long has this been going on with your U5? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have tried several chargers and this has gone on for several hours.
JA: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: if I bought another alcatel u5 phone, shall it stick with the SIM card with all my information on.
Category: Mobile Phones
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 17 days ago.

Expert:  Jeffrey B replied 17 days ago.

Hello, my name is*****'m happy to assist you today with your alcatel u5 , Lets get started!

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Can we please try the following:

1. In the first step hold down the Power button for a while to turn off the ALCATEL U5 HD.
  2. Then press and hold the Volume Up + Power key simultaneously for a couple of seconds.
  3. Let go of held keys as soon as the ALCATEL logo pops up.
  4. The Recovery Mode should appears on the screen.

Please let me know how this goes.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey