Richard, Electronics Engineer
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of Cell Phones
32989067

My phone number is 07768 963954. The phone is prehistoric

Customer Question

My phone number is ***** 963954. The phone is prehistoric but I like it a lot. It is on a pay-as-you-use tariff, nothing fancy. I have recently moved home to a cottage in the centre of a small town Burford. THere is no O2 signal in the house. I can get a signal in the street in front or 10 metres up the garden at the back. Any suggestions?
JA: What O2 model do you have?
Customer: The phone is French - Alcatel - from when I lived there. I worked perfectly well in my old home in a rural spot in West Wales
JA: How long has this been going on with your O2 phone? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It works perfectly well where there is a signal. No signal in the house. I have been everywhere inside the building. Could u=it be because it is a stone cottage?
JA: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Mobile Phones
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Can you please hold the power button on the phone until you see a menu and choose power off.

Then power on the phone and tell me how it still has the problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I press and hold the power button, the phone simply goes off. It may be of interest that, when the phone is on, the screen shows "Emergency calls only" when there is no signal from O2. Does that mean that another service provider is active? In which case am I going to have to change my service provider?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

yes it means it gets a signal but 02 is not allowing it full access to the network.