Richard, Electronics Engineer
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of Cell Phones
32989067

I have just activated a new SIM. But because this is a

Customer Question

Hi I have just activated a new SIM . But because this is a different phone but I want to keep my existing number. Can you help me please?
JA: When were you last able to use your phone?
Customer: Last night beforr 12 pm the police have my other phone so I wanted to top up on this wee phone to keep me going
JA: Have you tried a Factory Reset? This will erase the phone's contents, but the Phone Expert can walk you through restoring your photos, contacts and other data from a backup (if you have one).
Customer: No I wouldn't know how to do this as I'm not very technical mindrd
JA: The Cell Phone Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No not really just that I have just bought a £20 giffgaff top up and I can't get it to work on this wee phone yet I have used this wee phone with my giffgaff before.
Category: Mobile Phones
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

The phone number is ***** to the Sim card, it is not linked to the phone itself, you need to please put the original Sim in the phone to keep the original number.

Let me know how you go please