Ashik
Ashik, Cellphone Tech
Experience:  Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
16433418

I'd like some advice on which brand of mobile phone has the

Customer Question

Hi. I'd like some advice on which brand of mobile phone has the strongest antenna, to be able to pick up network signals when not in cities or big towns. I live on the outskirts of a town in E. Sussex and my previous phone, a Samsung, was able to get a signal. My current phone, a newer Motorola, can't.
Category: Mobile Phones
Expert:  Ashik replied 13 days ago.

Hi, I'm Ashik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Expert:  Ashik replied 13 days ago.

Samsung phones actually come with a good quality antenna. It is hard to find a brand or model with a good antenna due to several factors involved. Here is a list I found --> https://smartphonesrevealed.com/phones-with-best-antenna/?showall=true

There are some possible solutions to your issue. Who is your network provider? Some providers let you install home boosters to increase coverage in your area for a fee.

Some providers let you setup WiFi calling on your phone, so you can make calls through your phone even if you don't have a cell signal or has low signal.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thanks for getting back. My provider is Plusnet (using the EE network). I just called them and they said they didn't support signal boosters. Both phones are set up to use WiFi calling, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. Thanks for looking up the list, anyway.
Expert:  Ashik replied 13 days ago.

No problem. WiFi calling has to be supported by your carrier network as well, then only it will work after enabling that feature on your phone.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Great. Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Ashik replied 13 days ago.

You are most welcome!